Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Eternal Bonds

My last post was about eternal marriage and the fact we celebrated 30 years of marriage. September 12 was a day of incredible High, to devastating Low. I made the comment how grateful I was/am for eternal marriage and what that meant. I had no idea that conviction would be tested within hours of posting. That is the day we found out Little One was in trouble and would probably not survive the pregnancy. Three days later I was hugging my baby, Deborah, wishing I could make the bad stuff go away. I could not. The most I could do was let her and Tyler know I was there. I was fortunate that I was able to do a service for the family and at the same time spend wonderful time with my grandson. I was grateful I got to watch my grandson bond with his Grammy (my mom).

Monday we found out Little One had a different mission to fulfill and it did not include a mortal life here on earth.

While I was there in Idaho, Deborah and I had the opportunity to do a lot of talking. I am grateful for their testimony of the Eternal nature of our families. As Deborah said, we cannot imagine what it would be like to go through this without the sure knowledge of eternal bonds. What a tender mercy from the Lord.

Thank you Little One for letting me know in your own special way that you are there and a real person. I love you and look foward to meeting you one day. Thank you for being my Grandchild.

Little One, Granna and Grampy Love you, forever! Mwah!

3 comments:

Maura said...

Thank you for that reminder.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I am always in so much...awe with your family. You all have such a wonderful bond with one another. I thank you and your family for sharing your lives and being so honest. I truly believe that He has a voice through you and yours. Thank you for being wonderful role models.