Thursday, October 21, 2010

Have you ever asked....?

Have you ever asked yourself "why am I so blessed"? If you haven't, then you should. More importantly, if you have, then you shouldn't. Sound odd?, not really.

If you have never asked yourself that, hopefully it is because you already know what I am going to tell you. However, if you don't already know what I am going to tell you, then perhaps you have never asked that question because you don't recognize the blessings in your life. If that is the case, please consider taking a minute to recognize your blessings.

If you have ever asked why you are so blessed, then you might want to re-examine your relationship with your Heavenly Parents. I know as a parent I want the best for my children. We do what we can to make things good for them. Provide food, shelter, support, basics of life. But of you look deeper, you will see the "extras" too. Things that are not required but things that are freely given because we like to see our kids happy. I cannot tell you what they are because it is different from the giver to the receiver. I might so something that I think is pretty cool, or wanted, or needed but the receiving child does not take it that way. And there is nothing wrong with that. On the other hand, our kids have mentioned things to us that we did or whatever, that was really special to them and meant a lot. It might not even be something we remember, but they do. That is the beauty of wanting so much for your kids.

Anyway, that is how our Heavenly Parents are. They always want good for us. They reign blessings down on us. Some of these blessings seem big but we might not see them. Some seem small and seemingly inconsequential, however, they are HUGE to us.

So, if you have ever asked "why am I so blessed (lucky, good karma, whatever)" the answer is because you have Heavenly Parents who love you. If my kids ever asked me why I did something for them, as if it was out of the norm, that would hurt my feelings. I would think they don't know how much I really love them.

So, don't ask, just enjoy and have a thankful heart!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

That makes me think of one of my favorite lines from Prince of Egypt. Moses's mom tells him, "When the gods send you a blessing, you don't ask why it was sent." I think it's the same way. When someone does something nice for me, I never say, "Why did you do that?" But it's a little harder to look at my very good life and think, "How did I get so lucky?" I guess it's just the natural (wo)man in me thinking I don't deserve it.

Unknown said...

I wish there was a "like" button! This is a really good message.