Monday, December 13, 2010

To the Death

The new Narnia movie just came out so we watched the first....and second film in anticipation of the third (which I have yet to see). In the first film my absolute favorite part is when King Peter looks to the Centaur next to him and says "Are you with me?". The Centaurian looks at him and simply states "To the Death" without any hesitation and as if King Peter should even have to ask such an absurd question. Well, that got me to thinking. If the Lord stood next to me and asked me "Are you with me?", could I answer "To the Death" as quickly, honestly, without fear and hesitation? I honestly don't know. My first reaction would be to deny that I would hesitate. However, I vowed to be honest in my blog so I must answer honestly. I think I would hesitate. I would be afraid for at least half a second or more. Then I would try to remember who it is that is asking me this question.

On the other hand, if I asked the same question of the Lord, I know how He would answer. Just as he did when in the Great Council. Without fear of man. With conviction of what is right. I would like to think I answered in the affirmative during the war in the Heavens, or else I would not be here. I just need to shrug off the natural man, remember my divine nature and purpose, and be willing to shout out "to the Death!" if the Lord asks if I am with him.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Isn't that just they way it is though? No matter how imperfect we are, the Lord is always perfect. But he doesn't hold it against us, he loves us anyway.

And yes, I love that part of Narnia. It's silly but it chokes me up every time.

Maura said...

I think you would most definitely say that...the fact that you are here on this earth says you said it when he asked...the fact you were saved for the last days says that you did not hesitate. He saved his strongest, fiercest children for the last days to battle the war brought on by satin. I think, my mamma you are one of his greatest.....but I could be a bit biased. ;~)